Thursday 5 July 2012

In the summer time...

So after the merriment of traveling around various parts of Europe (namely Estonia, Lativia for a few hours, Germany and Ireland) I have arrived back in sleepy old Rovaniemi. It was certainly nice to get back here after spending something like a month and a half sharing a room with someone every night, sleeping with ear plugs in and occasionally sleeping in some very uncomfortable beds. The internet access was nice too. I do however miss the lovely people I was staying with for a majority of the time. I'll say this about the Irish, they are VERY welcoming and do quite like to feed people when the come to visit. I was feel quite awkward a lot of the time as I was being fussed over and practically waited on and having things paid for for me. You should go to Ireland because its cool. You should also seriously consider going to Estonia too, because Estonia is a jewel in the Baltic that too few have seen. For more details on my lovely adventures feel free to stalk my facebook.

Now that I'm back in Finland I have resolved to try and lose a bunch of the fat and laziness that I gained in Ireland from living the good life. As a result I'm getting really good at making omlettes and I now make a real nice chilli. This week has been all sun and I was recently put in contact with the local longboarding community and thusly I have spent the last few days skateboarding, losing skin and generally having a merry old time. I can see my self almost being good at it by the end of the month. Sadly though, this town is the most uninspiring and depressing place to try and train parkour which has lead me to not do it much, which is a real shame because I love doing that silly leaping about and all that. So the net result of summer up here looks like it will be I get good at longboarding but worse at parkour. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

In other news I'll be jetting down to a friend's summer island later in the month where I will be having sauna and lounging around on a beach like a casual gent. I'll report back in that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment